When doing SEO for any kind of website, there is a checklist of items that must be accounted for in order to assure the success of the website. This three step process covers every important item in the SEO process.
Step One: Make sure that on-page factors are search engine and user-friendly
- Title Tags
- Title Tags are keywords which represent individual pages on your website. These keywords help search engines to drive traffic to your site when people are searching for your products or services.
- Meta Descriptions
- Meta Descriptions are short descriptions which also contain keywords, but are primarily meant to give search engine results a short description of what your website is about.
- Grammar and effectiveness of content
- Google and other search engines have programs called spiders which “crawl” your website for information. If these programs detect bad spelling, poor grammar, duplicate content, and other content-related issues, your website could be penalized.
- General usability of website
- If your website is difficult to navigate or unclear, no amount of traffic could drive measurable results. We make sure that your site is user-friendly so that when your website is found, viewers are able to find the information they are looking for.
Step Two: Enter business into main directories
Major search engines such as Google, Yahoo! and Bing have digital directories which help them to determine which businesses are relevant, which ultimately factors in to how a website will be ranked.
- Secondary directory listings such as Yelp, YellowPages, CitySearch, etc.
Step Four: Build links, generate reviews, and continue to optimize
Search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing (relevance/rankings/etc)
Having reviews on your local directory listings increases its strength, which will result in better rankings. This is why it is important to develop an effective system to generate reviews. Sometimes it might be practical to make it part of your business practice to ask a customer for a directory review after a service has been completed.
(continuous on-site optimization in order to increase useability and conversions / monitor on-site activity in order to optimize properly)