Your website is the foundation of all of your online marketing activities, which means that if your website design is poor, it will most likely have a negative impact on all your marketing strategies, from your content marketing strategy to your social media strategy. The following are six website design tips that will ensure that your website is as functional as possible:
- Optimize for mobile use – Not only are many users visiting your site via their mobile devices, but Google will demote the mobile search ranking of websites that aren’t mobile-friendly. So make sure you use a responsive design so that your website is properly displayed on all screen sizes.
- Make your website accessible – Consider visitors with visual disabilities when designing your website, such as color blindness. This means choosing your color scheme carefully and ensuring that your fonts aren’t too small and that your images are high resolution.
- Make navigation easy – Place your navigation bar at the top of your page and clearly label your links so that visitors have no issue finding what they’re looking for. It’s a good idea to provide them with a search bar as well.
- Reduce page load times – Your bounce rate is going to go up if it takes too long for your webpages to load. Few visitors are willing to wait for more than three seconds for a page to load and will simply leave your site. One way to reduce load times is to eliminate the use of media that plays automatically on your page, like audio clips or video clips.
- Don’t go overboard with design elements – Don’t go crazy with your fonts and colors. Use the colors you have associated with your brand. When you choose your fonts, only choose two different ones – one for your titles and one for your body text. Keep your font a dark color on a light background.
- Know when to use pop-ups – No visitor wants to spend much time on your site if they keep having to exit out of pop-up ads. Consider only using them for your opt-in forms – and only if they click on them. Otherwise, pop-ups are basically hindering your visitors’ ability to explore your website and read your content.
These are six tips that will help ensure that your website design functions properly. For additional website design advice, be sure to contact us at Comit Developers today.