The amount of time and effort that goes into a successful website can not be fathomed by someone merely visiting the pages with no design experience. Imagine a gorgeous sports car that looks amazing: Curves for days, Flamboyant paint job, Custom leather interior. The car may be beautiful, but everything down to the spark plugs must be in precise condition for you to enjoy and receive the benefit of owning that gorgeous showstopper.
Your website is very much like a sports car. The many moving parts operating a perfectly designed compelling website all have their purpose when it comes to ensuring significant ROI. These 7 listed website must-haves & tips play a significant role in a successful website:
- Mobile Responsiveness– It is important to routinely test your website for mobile responsiveness. In a world where the definition of mobile responsiveness is constantly being redefined, make sure your website is not getting dropped like a bad habit. In ordered to be considered mobile responsive, your website must actually respond to the size of the screen it is being shown on. This is much more than just making the website shrink to fit.
- SSL(Secure Sockets Layer)– In order for your website to function correctly ensure that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral, your website must have this specific certification. You want to show up on Google, don’t you?
- Secure Hosting– In a world filled with hackers rummaging the web looking for insecure sights, do you really want your customers to have to go through the trouble of identity theft? Nope, didn’t think so. Host securely to ensure that your website is not being pick-pocketed.
- Site Speed– Don’t continue to lose customers because your page took too long to load. If your page takes more than 3 seconds to load, your site is too slow. In this fast-paced digital world, you can’t afford to have a slow website.
- Updates– Technology is updating at the speed of light, it seems. New websites are more modern and sleek every day. Do you really want your website stuck to an old platform? Not to mention Google is acting as a dictator with their algorithm updates. If your website does not fit Google’s mold, prepare to be dropped into oblivion. Back to the sports car. You should be getting your oil changed regularly; do the same for your website.
- Everything Must Work Together– Themes, plugins, reporting tools: they must all work together cohesively are your site will have major issues. What is the purpose of having a beautiful site if you have no way of knowing whether or not people are seeing it?
- Save Money by Hiring a Professional – A professional developer provides a theme, forms, and basic plugins without nickel and diming you to death. In the long run, hiring a professional saves money because it is done correctly the first time.
Please don’t let your website be the red-headed step-child of your business. In the digital world, it is often the first impression for your potential clients, and you only get one shot at making a good one.